Return, Exchange & Refund
We understand that sometimes things simply don’t work out. At the time of delivery, if you receive a damaged or defective Livspace product, or it doesn’t match our original specifications, Livspace gives you the following options for returning the product:
- Rectify/Replace the returned product.
- Exchange with another product, whereinif the new product exceeds the order value of the returned product, you will be required to pay the extra amount.if the order value of the new product is less than that of the returned product, we will refund the extra amount or provide store credit, as applicable.
- Get store credit in your Livspace account.
One way or the other, you will end up with a great product!
We will honour your request to return a product under the following conditions:
- All products must be returned unused with their original price tags and labels.
- The original invoice must be presented upon returning the merchandise.
- Our quality assurance team will inspect all returned items within 72 hours of the request.Only when it passes our standard quality assurance test, will we be able to process the return.
- Customised furniture pieces purchased from Livspace cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Any non-manufacturing defects and damages post receiving delivery will render the product invalid for returns or replacements.
- Modular kitchens and wardrobes are made-to-order and hence cannot be returned or exchanged.
How do I request a return?
What is the 72-hour inspection policy?
Expect no delays. Once you notify Livspace for a return request, we will make sure that a Livspace executive visits your site to inspect the product. If applicable, your return will be initiated in just 72 hours.
When will I receive a replacement?
When a return is accepted, the timeline for the replacement to reach you may vary from product to product. A Livspace representative will keep you informed at all times, and we will make all efforts to make your new product reach you very soon.
Denlay Penalty is a discount offered to customers when handovers are delayed for a period longer than 15 days after the confirmed move-in date*. This date is communicated in the Project Schedule after all the sales orders are raised.
Penalty per day for every day, beyond 15 days after the committed move in date, is 0.1% of the total Project Value.
E.g., Move In Date - 1st July 2019. Project Value (net offer/ discount): INR 10,00,000/-. In this case, penalty of INR 1,000 (0.1% of INR 10,00,000/-) per day will be applicable in case of delay beyond July 16th.
The maximum delay penalty payable cannot exceed 3% of the total project value.
*Move-in definition: A project is considered ready to move-in if the kitchen, living, bed and bathrooms are functional. In projects with minor snags (such as replacement of a part or whole of a functional unit, delayed supply of a free-standing unit/ product, snags in false ceiling/ finishing/ electrical works etc.), the home is still considered ready to move-in as long as the snags do not affect the functionality of the home.
Functional: The snags existing will not disallow a person from living in the premises
How will the Delay Penalty be paid out?
Delay penalty would be paid out through a refund to customer’s bank account. However this depends on whether 100% payment and project handover is complete.
When is the Delay Penalty not applicable?
- In case there are any design changes/ modifications after communication of date of move-in to the customer; this includes change in scope, addition of scope, reduction of scope, material changes, finish changes, aesthetic changes, functional changes, or any other changes that may result in a delay in the manufacturing, procurement or execution at site.
- In cases where the project involves scope of work handled by the customer, then the duration of execution of the customer’s scope of work will be taken into consideration to estimate the move-in date. This duration will be calculated after understanding from the customer the total number of days they require to complete their scope of work. Should the delay stem from the customer’s scope of work overshooting the budgeted days, or, any changes in the schedule of the customer’s scope of work, move-in date will be re-estimated and any delay penalty will be computed from the revised date.
- Delay in access to the site, which results in delay in execution by Livspace/ Livspace partner scope of work.
- Restricted access to the site, which results in delay in execution by Livspace/ Livspace partner scope of work.
- Unavailability of consistent, uninterrupted power or water supply to the site during the execution phase will result in Delay Penalty not being applicable.
- In case of non-payment by the customer or partial payment or any delay in payments as per the payment milestones, Livspace will not be held responsible for delays beyond the move-in date, and, hence, Delay Penalty will not be applicable.
- Delay Penalty clause will not be applicable if there is any dependency on the customer to provide approvals from any local authority and they fail to do so prior to the start of project execution.
- Livspace shall not be liable to pay Delay Penalty in case of any delay in production or delivery of products ordered from third party/marketplace brands (i.e. brands other than Livspace).
- Force Majeure, which includes, but is not restricted to:
- Any act of god including natural disasters, floods, fire, earthquake, typhoon, cyclone or landslides.
- War, riot, strike, lock-outs, hartal/bandh, accidents, power failure or shortage of fuel.
- Any restrictions imposed by the central, state or local statutory/government authorities.
- Any change in applicable law.
- Any unforeseen supply shocks for raw materials and accessories.
- Any unforeseen manpower supply shocks.
- Any other unforeseen circumstances/causes beyond the reasonable control of Livspace.
In case of Force Majeure, Livspace will duly inform the customer of the delay arising out of Force Majeure within 72 hours from the occurrence of the Force Majeure event(s) or from the time Livspace has become aware of the occurrence of such Force Majeure event(s), whichever is later.